Our mission is to harness the power of information to improve business results. We are a publically traded, global information company and a provider of critical technical information; analytic insight, decision support tools and related services to customers in energy, defense, aerospace, construction and automotive industries. We also focus on environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability; country and industry forecasting; and commodities, pricing and cost.
General Job Duties
Specific Job Duties
- Manage small to mid-level sized projects or portions of a project.
- Establishes testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout development and before release.
- Assist in establishing project budget and timelines; manage assigned component of project within budget and time constraints.
- Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Provide technical direction and training to SQA colleagues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Attend the daily Scrum meetings and report on testing results, achievements and issues.
- Install and maintain Web Applications, MS SQL 2008/2012 and Oracle 10g/11g database instances in Virtual Server instances to ensure the proper testing environments are updated and available at all times.
- Restore customer databases (MS SQL or Oracle) and assist in recreating difficult customer reported issues that cannot be identified in QA test environments.
- Assess merits of proposed product enhancements, and ease of use - provide feedback to Product Management.
- Assist Technical Support with reproducing customer escalation issue.
- Assist Development with verifying and releasing "Hot Fix" issues to Technical Support to address escalation issues.
- Provide training sessions with Customers (when requested) on new features and Hot Fix solutions.
- Provide internal training sessions for your assigned product areas as required - both within QA and other departments.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in software test or software development.
- Thorough understanding of one or more high level programming languages.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more technologies (e.g., Web, Java, .Net, Graphical User Interface, spatial technologies).
- Thorough understanding of one or more Automation or Performance Tools (e.g., Visual Studio CodedUI, Web Test, Load Test, WinRunner, SOATest)
- Previous experience designing and developing Automation scripts is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Demonstrated project management experience including budgeting and managing timelines.
- Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Professional certification as warranted.
- Reports directly to Software QA Manager
- May act in a lead capacity on small to mid-sized programs, but has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Interacts with other colleagues at all levels in the conduct of day-to-day activities.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Send Replies to Connie Dorigan Condor1@dorigan.com
Please send your Resume as a Word.doc with the title of the position in the subject line.
- Participates in meetings with customers to assess business needs.
- Actively participates in industry forums and user groups.