Exciting opportunity for a high-performing, strategic and dynamic HR Manager who wants to make a difference! The role will be reporting to the Corporate VP and will provide strategic HR support for the Ogden, Utah Facility. The HR Manager works closely with the Plant Leaders and Corp HR to ensure implementation of corporate strategic goals, collaborates on design, development, introduction and/or integration of HR processes, practices, programs, and initiatives that contribute to individual and company success.
• Partners with the management to ensure effective and planful execution of all primary annual Human Resources processes for the business, i.e., Leadership Development and Succession Planning, Performance Management and Development Planning, Compensation Planning.
• Identifies organizational needs and leads local efforts to ensure effective definition, deployment and training around all business-specific practices, which incorporates clear accountability. As a member of the leadership team, provides coaching in Destination/Vision/Mission and Business Planning, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Organizational Design and Development, Competency Analyses, Employee Relations, Staffing and Selection, Training and Development, Coaching, Leadership Development, and Team Development
• Consults with managers on organizational structures, roles & responsibilities, staffing levels, etc. Works with Plant Manager to manages change, as needed. Coaches managers and supervisors at all levels, providing timely and constructive feedback to help them improve their leadership effectiveness.
• Objectively assesses and brings to resolution employee relations issues, claims, and charges. Looks for trends and root causes as opportunities to improve organizational/team and associate satisfaction.
• Identifies retention issues and recommends creative solutions to address them. Assists leadership to create work environments & reward systems.
• Thoroughly assesses all recommendations for severe disciplinary action, ensuring consistency with Company policies and practices.
• Works with the Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to fill vacancies. Overall responsibility for the Year-End Compensation Planning process.
• Assists managers with all aspects of the annual performance management and development process.
• Counsels managers on effective documentation practices for all levels of performance.
• Provides direction for all Worker’s Comp claims.
Legal & Compliance
• Serves as the site’s EOE manager, assuring compliance with all EEOC requirements.
• Coordinates the annual Affirmative Action Plan update, assuring Plant Leadership is aware of areas of underutilization and goals for the fiscal year.
• Works with Legal Counsel to assure all policies and practices are written fairly and are compliant with all legal requirements. Investigates and addresses all complaints and/or legal actions.
• Ensures compliance with requirements including, Ethics Policy, EEO, AAP, etc.
• Conducts training programs when required, i.e., Sexual Harassment, Performance Management Training, Diversity Awareness, etc. Responsible for all local policy development/implementation.
Other HR Sr Manager Responsibilities
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the team and interpersonal dynamics.
• Participates in development of methodologies, operating practices, work systems, techniques, tools and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Psychology, or a related field required. Master's in HR, I/O Psychology, or a related field preferred.
• 8-10 years’ experience in the field of HR required, with a strong knowledge of Leadership Development and all HR functions as key business levers. Has worked in a generalist capacity that required experience in change management, organizational effectiveness/development, recruitment/selection, compensation, positive employee relations, performance management, HRIS or employee and management training/development, policy development and administration, and employment law. Will consider minimum of 5-five years of exempt-level experience with a master’s degree in Business or Human Resources.
• Experience working in complex environment and matrixed organization. Total experience to include project and process leadership responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience supporting a diverse client group including clients ranging from non-exempt to engineering teams to professional business functions.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple levels.
Proven experience working with others in the process of restructuring an organization (organizational design).
• Process thinking and ability to provide project execution leadership to HR solutions. Demonstrated success in translating ambiguous business needs into strategies and concrete team and individual development actions.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!