Now Hiring! Immediate opening for an Assistant Production-Office Manager at our small chemical company (cleaning solutions) in Salt Lake City. We are looking for someone that has experience in bulk mix processes, inventory, material handling, orders, shipping and delivery, billing, basic maintenance, and customer service. Please note, this facility is not automated.
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of work experience with two of those years in a manufacturing environment. Experience should include working with customers, understanding basic bulk mix processes for production scheduling purposes, willingness to learn chemical compounding, understanding inventory and shop safety, basic maintenance resolution, and the ability to perform basic math, such as calculate percentages and work with different units of measure - pounds, grams, gallons, meters, feet, etc.
Our business has not slowed due to COVID-19, but we our hours of operation have been shortened to 8 am – 1 pm M-F, instead of 8 am - 5 pm M-F. Face masks and social distancing is practiced.
- AS degree.
- Five years of experience with at least two years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of bulk mix processes, maintenance assessment and problem resolution, billing, tracking costs, maintaining a budget, scheduling production (bulk products to mix daily and 2-3 employees), maintaining inventory for production, resolving equipment or facility maintenance problems, and ensuring that quality, safety, and timely deliveries are met.
- Ability to learn the business and oversee the daily activities of the manufacturing and office duties with minimal supervision.
- Some experience with technical sales or the ability to explain a product’s features to a customer accurately.
- Exceptional customer service skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and adjust to frequent change.
Additional Skills for Success.
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of basic Chemistry
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business dealings while exercising good decision-making practices.
This is an immediate opening. To apply, please submit your resume for immediate consideration. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity. Your time is of value to us.