Radar Test Technician
Raytheon, located in Forest, Mississippi is adding 5 Electronics Test Tech Specialists to our team of 150 radar techs and 200 assembly techs. In this role, you will troubleshoot new and refurbished electronic warfare radar systems and subsystems to the component level and identify failure trends. The radar systems include Next Generation Jammers, Airborne Interceptors, Ground Based Air surveillance, Multi-Functions, Target Trackers, the new US Navy scale-able Air Missile Defense Radar System, AMDR, and more. These positions are immediate openings and relocation assistance is in the form of a bonus in your first paycheck.
In this role, you will troubleshoot to the component level electronic warfare equipment, such radar receivers and exciter units, local oscillators, frequency synthesizers, RF-IF converters, transmitter drives, etc. You will be part of a team of 150 testing techs who use automated test stations and standard test equipment for troubleshooting RF, digital and analog circuits, modules such as the local oscillator, frequency synthesizer, and RF to IF converter and transmitter drives. You will perform a wide variety of technical tasks in a production/test environment and assist in the development of procedures. You will observe, and report test data; and when appropriate make the necessary minor repairs to equipment. You will utilizes various engineering drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of your tasks. May include configuration/data management.
These positions are direct-hire, immediate openings, with cash achievement awards, yearly bonuses, merit increases, savings and pension plans, health benefits, starting bonuses to assist in relocation costs, aerobic and weight room center, cafeteria, and a new facility to house the new US Navy AMDR assembly. These positions are located in Forest, MS. Due to our DOD customers, we require the ability to obtain a security clearance of Secret or Top Secret, once hired.
If you feel this may be of interest, please send your resume for immediate consideration by the hiring manager.
At least 2 years of experience in electronics trouble shooting or electronics schooling (Higher level tech positions are available for those with more experience and that already hold a clearance)
- Ability to work directly from approved procedures, schematics, and verbal instructions
- Ability to isolate problems between the test environment (test station, interface adapter, test cables, etc.) and the units under test, and resolve as necessary
- Effectively communicate technical issues
- Ability to interpret test data to determine pass/fail condition and determine when further analysis is needed
- Must work well in a team environment
- Candidate must be experienced in the use of computers and software applications (both desktop and technical).
- Position requires lifting up to 25lbs
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOD Secret Clearance
- Candidate must be willing to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Those with an active clearance is a plus.
- Direct experience with Electronic Warfare (EW), Radar System and subsystem (Transmitter, Receiver, Antenna, Signal/Data Processor, Power Supply, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing/production test environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level and effectively identify failure trends
- Select appropriate test equipment and configure it based on test specifications
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance after hired.
Associates Degree in Electronics Technology and a minimum of 2 years electronics or equivalent Military electronics Training and Radar experience.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.