Manufacturer of large industrial pressure vessels, heating elements and control systems. Under limited supervision, manages, plans, coordinates and directs the global strategies for the company’s quality management systems and continuous improvement programs. Provides global functional leadership for the Quality team including establishing functional goals and objectives, designing and improving functional processes, plans for talent development and organizational design, functional strategic road maps, budgets and resource allocation plans. Provides leadership in the company’s enterprise lean six sigma program design and implementation including continuous improvement project management and kaizen team facilitation. Prioritizes human and capital investments in operational excellence initiatives including environmental, health, safety, sustainability and manufacturing technology.
- Manages the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy for product and process performance.
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) (ASME) standards.
- Experience with the construction of boilers and pressure vessels or similar.
- Provides functional leadership to site manufacturing and process engineers, and quality personnel; supports site specific recruitment and training of functional staff, provides input to employee performance; makes recommendations for promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
- Develops functional strategies and road maps to ensure operating sites are planning for and maintaining appropriate site certifications and compliances.
- Plans such matters as design and development of plant facilities and processes, formulation of operating rules and procedures to ensure process control, variation reduction and waste elimination.
- Ensures compliance with and maintains records/permits for product and plant certifications.
- Formulates and maintains quality control and process engineering objectives; coordinates with site leaders and personnel to maximize quality, reliability, and minimize costs; plans and administers functional budgets.
- Manages capital expenditures, reviews prior year and proposes improvements and expenditures for upcoming fiscal year including manufacturing technology assessment and planning.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to quality and reliability (i.e. DMAIC and Six Sigma); leads continuous improvement events in 5S, VSM, Pull systems, SMED, Process Variation Reduction and TPM.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring work activities, such as preparation of records of expenditures, and progress reports, in order to inform management of current status or work activities.
- Investigates customer complaints regarding quality and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Demonstrate, through actions, a commitment to the philosophy of continuous improvement and multi-disciplined problem solving teams in all aspects of performance.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.Position continually requires demonstrated tact and diplomacy.Position includes significant travel to domestic and international locations.
- May direct contracted projects to ensure adherence to specs, procurement of assets and performance of deliverables.
- May provide project management for multi-site continuous improvement projects.
Certifications / Training:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University in an engineering field, with five to ten years related experience in implementing and maintaining quality assurance programs with advanced training in Six Sigma and Principles of Lean.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement project management, structured problem solving, team facilitation teaching organizations and leading change.Master Black Belt or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong communication skills including a strong working knowledge of computer software applications, in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- UL/CSA/ATEX preferred
- Experience Managing product certifications with third party agencies.
- Strong international experience in quality system management and plant certifications
- ASME quality system preferred.
Six Sigma Black Belt, QM coursework / ASQ; ISO Lead Auditor experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is designated to an office location and occasionally works on the production floor near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to dust, heat and sounds and noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable.
May require exposure to hazardous equipment or physical/chemical hazards; requires wearing protective and/or safety equipment when on the production floor. Safety glasses with side shields and steel-toe shoes are required in all areas of the production floor.
Work requires meeting performance deadlines and being exact or highly accurate; requires face-to-face interaction with individuals or teams and working with others in a group or team using a participative management style with well-developed interpersonal skills.