The Production Supervisor, will be responsible for managing a small team of operators and floor techs on the process line. We are a global company and manufacture grain based fish feed products.The Production Supervisor will interact with all levels of management and all areas of the plant; raw materials, maintenance, packaging, shipping and Quality Assurance. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that operators strive to achieve production targets in as quality, volume, and cost containment, while maintaining a safe work environment. We are looking for someone that has lean manufacturing experience. This is an immediate opening and we are interviewing!
We offer paid medical, matching 401k, bonuses and more!
- Improve on Results:
- Achieve targeted production efficiency
- Identify production issues and implement corrective actions
- Implement LEAN or 5s improvements to eliminate waste, establish standard work, etc.
- Focus on achievement of increase throughput while reducing operating expenses and overall costs.
Education & Certification
- Ensure Safety and Environmental objectives:
- Focus on behavior-based safety through strong leadership, adherence to company policies and programs, and proactive balanced real-time feedback and actions
- Lead role in incident and near-miss investigations leading to Root Cause, Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Adherence and effective PPE utilization
- Eliminate actual and potential safety issues, unsafe acts and conditions to preclude accidents
- Drive the performance culture:
- Directly supervise hourly employees in area of responsibility. Carry out supervisory responsibilities which include training, assigning and directing work of team members.
- Supervise, educate/train, coach, and provide motivational opportunities to team members; remove barriers to assure individual and group success and completion of all goals in the areas of safety, quality, customer satisfaction, productivity, cost control, and continuous improvement.
- Conduct performance appraisals, issue commendations and disciplinary actions and address complaints/resolve problems for all direct reports in a timely fashion.
- Establish and maintain a professional and consistent work environment to help ensure company remains a viable and healthy facility and provides a satisfactory work environment while maintaining positive employee relations while being firm, fair and consistent in holding direct reports accountable
- Provide the required leadership role through active participation in the development of employees and employee morale. Establish an atmosphere of teamwork to assure the success of the team.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Lean, 5S, or Continuous Improvement Training and experience implementing
- OSHA knowledge
- 5+ years in a manufacturing or heavy-labor industry
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Working knowledge of:
- Good Manufacturing Practice and Standard Operating Procedures
- Production Key Performance Indicators (Eg. Yields, Uptime and Throughput)
- Root Cause Analysis/Troubleshooting
- Health & Safety concepts and procedures
- Experience with 5s, LEAN and continuous improvement
- Computer literacy skills – Eg. Basic computer knowledge and software programs
Other Requirements of the Role
- Effective communication skills to motivate, train, coach/mentor employees while being consistent and transparent in word and in action.
- Excellent problem solving with control methods – Foresight and ability to adapt to circumstances (Eg. schedule change, staff call in sick…etc.), use appropriate disciplinary method accordingly, be technically-competent (Eg. Plant, Process and SOP knowledge)
- Organization – Understand production and receiving schedule, manpower planning
- Planning – Prioritize and utilize resources to get desired result
- People – Be aware of potential employee issues and handle appropriately, performance manage and give feedback regularly, demonstrate EQ, empathy and active listening
- Based in the production facility
- Ability to handle exposure to high noise levels and scent of products
- Must be able to work rotating shift schedules (Days and nights)
- Occasional travel within US and Canada for training purposes may be required.
Thank you for considering this opportunity.