We are a global leader in providing innovative and sustainable nutritional solutions for the aquaculture industry. We deliver outstanding feeds and services to fish farmers worldwide for the sustainable production of healthy and delicious fish and shrimp.
Today, we have 2,700 employees worldwide that are passionate about aquaculture, and we annually produce 1.7 million tons of supreme aquaculture feeds to over 60 species of farmed fish and shrimp, covering all life stages. We sell to more than 40 countries and produce feeds in 16 countries.
Located just outside of Salt Lake City we are seeking a Raw Materials Coordinator for our team. This role will manage the efficient planning, control and execution of the receipt of raw materials and ingredient deliveries to meet production requirements.
The key accountabilities are:
Manage all ingredients inventory to meet production requirements and prevent slippage, while minimizing inventory levels. Maintain accurate inventory records
- Manage offsite warehouses and ingredients there in, and the movement of the same through the facilities in question. Ensure appropriate parties are supplied ingredients and material schedules.
- Manage movements of offsite ingredients and materials to plant
- Set up Agreements for contracted positions in Movex (database)
- Ensure contracts are entered into Contract & Claims data base
- Set up purchase and distribution orders in Movex for supplier deliveries
- Monitor material quantity and delivery dates to adhere to master schedule
- Generate count sheets for month end inventory counts
- Report site raw material requirements and forecast production level
- Communicate with supervisors to verify short term usage requirements by rail and coordinate with rail company for site placement (daily)
- Monitor and trace incoming materials and appraise appropriate people as to the status
- Maintain accurate daily record of all receiving activity to be communicated to Accounts Payable
- Ensure all ingredients are sourced from approved suppliers and quality control evaluations are fulfilled
- Work closely with Quality Control on maintaining and inputting documents in the Supplier data base (Anchor)
Ensure claims against suppliers are followed through for payment and entered into the Contract & Claims data base
Qualifications and Experience;
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Operation Management Program
- Logistic or purchasing experience (Supply Line Management)
- Possesses an understanding of operations, products and inventory management
- Good computer skills (working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints