This role will report directly to the Storage and Backup lead within the On Premise and Data Center team. The VBlock Converged Infrastructure Specialist will design, build and support our VCE/Vblock and Hyper-Converged infrastructure environments. This will include but not be limited to engineering, operational support, troubleshooting, remediation, configuration, refresh, migration and project based work as well as the support for our EMC replication systems including RecoverPoint, Avamar and VPLEX.
Key to this position is ensuring that we support and run, with consistent and reliable availability, our business environments, ensuring that there is no infrastructure disruption to deployments or performance of our internal and external infrastructure or services that support our critical platforms. Proactive partnering and alignment with all Company business units, global suppliers and vendors will be critical in this role.
This position will also manage the day-to-day relationship with global service providers/suppliers on operational issues. Seek out gaps and vulnerabilities in storage and recovery services infrastructure environments that may be susceptible to downtime and/or customer impact. Support and execute management based metrics to continuously improve our service stability and uptime. Coordinate transactional data exchange between service providers and internal process partners. Work closely with supplier governance team to ensure that SLA's/OLA's and other KPI's are rigidly maintained.
- Technical consulting which may include assessment, architect, plan, design and implementation
- Senior technical leader responsible for the deployment and support of new projects via 3rd party suppliers
- Work with our business customers and solution architects to identify, develop, qualify and obtain complete information for solutions including hardware, software and services, and complete proposals and statement of work (SOW) development as needed
- Assist and support the development and presentation for solutions which may include providing technical updates, documentation, demonstrations and executive presentations
- Contribute and develop best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation and templates
- Mentor and train new and existing team members
- Serve as escalation point for technical or project related issues
- Promote team spirit and work as a collaborative team player
- Lead technical teams in a consulting environment as the situation dictates
- Participate in special projects and work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and our service offerings
- Project plans and project tracking documents including business case development and presentation
- Support the development of design drawings, technical documentation, and support documentation
- Standards or compliance documentation
- Provide implementation guidance and support in the form of project oversight and coordination with Company project management resources to ensure timely, on-budget completion of storage and recovery services implementation projects
- Develops new and/or improved implementation workflows to facilitate the rapid translation and delivery of customer storage and recovery requirements.
- Driving increased automation and product integration for improved efficiency leveraging the Company Operating System (HOS), Company User Experience (HUE) and Agile methodologies
- Must have a minimum of ten years of experience working within large IT environments and at least five years in an architect-level role with primary focus on storage solutions and converged infrastructure
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of EMC storage arrays such as VNX, VMAX, Isilon or XtremIO
- EMC Proven Professional certification (SPEED/USPEED) and/or VMware certification a Plus
- Knowledge and Experience of the following technologies a plus
- Block storage offerings from Hitachi, IBM, Netapp, and Dell;
- NAS solution including F5 ARX and Netapp filers;
- Backup solutions using TSM, Netbackup, BackupExec, and ArcServe
- Replication solutions using Hitachi Shadow-Image, TrueCopy, Universal Replicator, and Copy on Write as well as Netapp Snapmirror, and Symantecs Netbackup
- SAN solutions from Cisco, Mcdata, and Brocade
- Block Server SAN storage - Create SAN solutions using Hitachi, EMC, Netapp, Dell, and IBM hardware to support a large variety of server configurations and operating systems.
- NAS unstructured data - Create NAS solutions using EMC, Netapp, and Dell hardware to provide unstructured file-serving capabilities to support file-sharing at Company.
- Storage connectivity solutions - Introduce converged networking solutions using Cisco products to allow for integration of 10G and 40G technologies into the data path.
- Data Replication and Service Continuity - Create and document storage replication and protection strategies using the storage and recovery solutions to enable business continuity
- Backup and Recovery solutions - Design and implement backup methodologies including datacenter and remote site configurations using media, server, and software technologies to allow for recovery of Company systems.
- Tape Management solutions from Iron Mountain, and custom internal solutions
- Solid Hands-on Experience with EMC Data Domain and strong product knowledge
- Working knowledge of local and remote data protection technologies such as RecoverPoint (CDP, CRR)
- Prior Vblock implementation experience and/or VCE cross-product training is desired
- Hands-on VMware skills with core products (ESXi, vSphere, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience with the evaluation, analysis and design of large-scale storage solutions, backup solutions and SAN in a mixed environment
- Hands-on configuration of SAN switches (Cisco) experience
- Knowledge of storage-related technologies such as replication, deduplication, snaps and hierarchical storage
Other Experience Preferred:
- Functional knowledge of related partner products and design best practices (Hitachi, EMC, Cisco, VMware)
- Cloud solutions - Introduce cloud storage solutions at Company to support archiving and unstructured data requirements for a rapidly growing customer data.
- Experience in automating solutions leveraging VBlock technologies strongly desired
- Strong technical leadership, customer focus and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act with customer and infrastructure communities in an attentive, proactive and responsive manner
- Ability to influence in a matrix environment, demonstrating insight, tact, political acumen, and diplomacy
- Ability to influence technical and leadership teams in a complex environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a diverse environment
- Ability to effectively deal with critical outages and remediation efforts given risk activities
- Demonstrated experience driving incremental improvements in our risk profile
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple operational issues and initiatives with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as good administrative skills
- Ability to plan and manage budgets
- Ability to provide a globally integrated, aligned approach to service delivery
- Excellent technical comprehension of storage and recovery products
- Note: Anticipated travel for this role is 10%.
- Minimum 10 years Enterprise level IT Experience
- BS in related discipline such as IT, Technology or Business
- 3 fyears experience with VCE/Vblock
- Hands-On Experience Hyper-Converged infrastructure environments a plus
- 5 years experience supporting or managing storage and recovery services disciplines
- 5 years Experience with Cloud, Big Data or Analytics a Plus
- ITIL certification
Thank you for considering this opportunity!