Position requires demonstrated experience in the design, testing and manufacturing of aircraft structures. Candidate must have leadership experience and knowledge of design methods and standards, stress analysis, systems and certification requirements to meet FAR and/or military requirements. Prefer candidates with experience in composite structures and history of working directly for, or supplying to, major US prime contractors.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Efficiently manage cross functional teams.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Develop requirements for PDR, CDR, and final release.
- Confer with management, customers, operations, and engineering staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Manage and support design to cost strategies.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Support functional management with staffing requirements and recruitment.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings.
- Consult or negotiate with customers to prepare project requirements and specifications.
- Establish project, IR&D and technical objectives within broad outlines established by management.
- Aircraft Structure – Demonstrated experience and knowledge of primary and secondary aircraft structures. Experience with aircraft manufacturing and assembly methods, systems, materials, and processes. Prefer experience with advanced composite materials and manufacturing processes.
- Design / Produce Process – Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge of aircraft design, production, and build processes (e.g., mechanical, electrical, systems, stress, structural, durability, maintenance, reliability, producibility) to effectively influence product design. Advanced knowledge of CDM (Configuration Data Management) methods.
- Engineering Analysis – Demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of engineering analysis using finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- Design/Test/Cert Regulations - Extensive specialized knowledge of appropriate customer or governmental regulations relevant to design, test, and certification (e.g., FAR, MILSPEC).
Security Clearance Requirements:
- BS Degree in an applicable engineering discipline (ME, AE, Civil) (MS Degree preferred)
- 15+ years of applicable Aircraft Design Engineering experience with 5 years of composite structures and assembly design experience
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and presentations to customer project management
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.