Aerospace structures company has an opportunity for a Sr. Contracts Manager/Working Contracts Manager. We need someone to lead the contracts management of Boeing and/or Airbus composite parts production. These are
commercial contracts with Large Aircraft OEM's and Programs. We are looking for an agressive individual capable of improving profits and eliminating waste. Competitive pay. Relocation available. Responsibilities for this position will include:
Contracts Structure and Business Terms
- Develop a clear understanding of customer and program requirements that harmonize with business strategy to ensure contract structure and business terms are aligned with both.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer
- requirements and alignment with program strategy and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate profit and provide profit justification to the customer, ensuring that the profit/fee is consistent with and appropriate for the contract type, identified program risks, market standards, internal investment requirements, and working capital considerations.
- Identify business risks associated with contract in partnership with mission assurance.
- Ensure flow down of required terms and conditions to subcontractors and that subcontractor terms and conditions are
- appropriate for the work being performed in relation to the prime contract.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive negotiation strategy/plan working in conjunction with Program Team.
- When applicable lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) in preparation for negotiations.
- Define negotiation parameters through delegation process (including goals/limits).
- Negotiate appropriate contract type, scope, price, profit and terms.
- Execute cost or pricing data certificate where required.
- Lead delegation process, ensuring assembling delegation package and proper sign-offs.
- Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance of invoicing process, and ensure customer compliance with payment terms.
- Ensure that the contract and statement of work are consistent with pricing assumptions to effectively manage financial risk related to contract terms and conditions, and that the underlying cost estimate is consistent with and appropriately addresses performance risk.
- Implement the change management process and coordinate with Program Management to ensure compliance.
- Monitor contract cost performance in concert with Program Business Management and Finance.
- Verify with Program Manager that all technical requirements have been properly reviewed and a clear technical baseline is included in contract documents.
- Ensure that a verified schedule baseline is included in contract documents.
- Following contract award communicate (together with the PM) contract, program schedule and SOW requirements to program team.
- Ensure compliance with program schedule as outlined in contract.
- 10+ years experience in contracts management of aircraft parts production
- BS required, MBA preferred
- Ability to manage contracts and work some contracts.
- UCC experience
- Supervisory experience of contract managers
- Prefer someone with negotiations experience with Boeing or Airbus
- Negotiations, Terms & Conditions, ITAR, Export/Import
- Engineering Change Orders (Changes), estimating and/or pricing experience
- Computer literate, demonstrated
- Experience with FAR & DFAR (for Government), NDAs, Teaming Agreements