Electrical Engineer Salt Lake City area
We are a stable, successful, full service EE and ME design firm that specializes in power and mechanical systems for commercial, industrial, and residential buildings. We are growing and need the additional expertise of an Electrical Engineer and an Electrical Designer with electrical power distributions systems design experience. The Electrical Engineer will join our team as a Project Manager. The Electrical Designer with join our team to provide his/her expertise in creating engineering construction drawings for all project phases. These are full time, direct hire positions. Our offices are located in North Salt Lake in a beautiful office complex. We offer the ability to work with other skilled professionals, a motivating and positive work environment, benefits, and professional growth potential.
Requirements for the Project Manager, EE
- BSEE required, PE is a plus.
- 10 + years of related experience
- Responsible for meeting and interacting with clients during all phases of a project to maintain open communication and a positive experience for the client.
- Responsible for project management of electrical power distribution systems’ conceptual designs through construction buy offs. Typical projects include electrical power distribution systems for hospitals, laboratories, high rises, airport facilities, grocery stores, shopping malls, etc.
- Ensure compliance with scope, budget, and schedule.
- Responsible for cost estimates, schedules, and recommendations throughout the phases of the project.
- Prepare engineering construction drawings and bid packages on projects including electrical site plans, one-line diagrams, control diagrams utilizing ladder logic, conduit schedules, wire schedules, lighting panel schedules, lighting and receptacle plans, and electrical equipment installation details.
- Prepare contract documents and technical specifications for electrical equipment utilized in a project.
- Coordinate with sub-consultants (structural, HVAC, etc.) in the preparation of construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Coordinate with local utility companies to extend or modify power and natural gas service to project sites.
- Perform electrical inspections on site as needed.
- Manage troubleshooting a project’s electrical problems in the field such as motor failures, control system problems, PLC problems and electrical service problems for new and existing projects.
- Assist construction management staff during construction activities.
- Familiarity with NFPA, ICC and IBC
- Excellent knowledge of NEC.
- AutoCAD and/or or REVIT is preferred but not required.
- Low and Medium Voltage Design experience.
- Responsible for employee performance and growth, and creating a healthy experienced workplace for the design team.
- Performs and creates lighting photometric calculations, A.I.C. ratings a well as Arc Fault Calculations.
- SCADA, PLC programming, network design experience is a plus.