We are the leading manufacturer in North America for quality feed products. We seek a reliable, organized hard working individual to fill our Quality Control Technician in Tooele, Utah. Competitive salary.
The Quality Tech will ensure that the product and its manufacturing process meet feed quality and safety standards. You will be responsible for ensuring in-process samples are collected and analyzed in a timely manner.
Job Function/ Responsibilities:
- Assisting Quality manager in writing standard operation procedures for ISO and Quality management system
- Handle customer issues. Investigate a problem with pulling samples to investigate problems, figure it out and then apply corrective actions. Performing root cause analysis and investigation for customer complaints.
- Use a management data system, EXCEL and Outlook, to maintain accurate updates and records.
- Need mfg. An quality background, not just lab.
- Training production staff and Quality technicians as needed.
- Ensuring all product specifications are met for finished product and incoming raw material.
- Informing Quality Manager of conditions requiring immediate corrective actions.
- Recommending modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of production capacity
- GMP experience. Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is maintained at all times
- Carrying out special projects as requested by Quality manager.
- Maintaining prompt and courteous response to production team requests
- Performing internal audit as required
- Maintaining all quality documents and reference samples in an organized manner
- Preparing regular reports, distributing and communicating summarized data in a timely manner
- Attending Quality meetings and reporting the issues
-Bachelor degree in science
-1 year minimum experience in manufacturing environment within quality control department
-Lab experience a plus
-Proficient skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
-Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Spanish language a plus
- Be success-driven and have a "can do" attitude
- Be able to work independently, as well as being a strong team player
-Experience with GMP, ISO and HACCP a plus
-Ongoing problem solving and professional judgment
-Excellent multitasking abilities with significant attention to detail
-Ability to make educated decisions
-Diplomatic. Maintain professional attitude under pressure with effective oral communication
-Self-starter with strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadline
Thank you in advance for your interest. All resumes will be reviewed immediately. We will contact you by phone if management feels your skills are a close fit for this position.