Lean Manufacturing Engineer/Process Engineer
Greater Salt Lake Area
Global feed products company is looking for a Process Engineer/Lean Manufacturing Engineer who will implement process improvements in the plant. Working on a team with process operators, maintenance technicians, quality control, and plant management, the Process Engineer will utilize their skills with root cause analysis and executing process improvements. You will be exposed to a wide range of projects in the areas of process automation, electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering projects.
We operate a fully automated Feed Milling process utilizing Raw Material Storage, Conveying, Weighing, Dosing, Grinding, Extrusion, Drying, Coating, Cooling, and Automated Packaging Systems. Our system is fairly unsophisticated at this time with plans to modernize.
The successful applicant will have a minimum 5-7 years related experience and training in manufacturing processing, and have a highly developed problem solving, change management and IT skills. BS degree in engineering, project management or feed technology, preferred. This position is for a self-reliant and mature individual who thrives in a challenging environment.
A proactive individual can look forward to significant personal growth as part of this company with global operations. Benefits for this position include health care, 401K, and a performance bonus.
Specific duties may include:
Responsible to develop and implement changes to product design and/or to the manufacturing or service process to achieve significant quality, or cost improvements. Requires participation in new product development programs, identifying design-for-manufacturability issues and ensuring these issues are addressed prior to release, including:
- Ensuring that production/service processes and systems as well as our product designs produce the highest possible quality (consistency) and lowest possible cost.
- Participate as key team member on larger manufacturing projects, and act as project leader with specific focus on small scope projects, as assigned by manager.
- Responsible for driving multiple improvement programs through to implementation and following-up on the results achieved, including: Quality Monitoring and Actions, Production Efficiency, SPC,Improve Assembly and/or Service Methods, and Document and Implement Approved Changes
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelors degree required in engineering including mechanical, electrical, biomedical, or industrial.
• 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment FDA or highly regulated products a plus
• Strong writing skills including report writing, validation reports and test plans.
• Experience with TQM, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma methodologies-green belt preferred.
• Familiar with computer programs such as Excel and Word. Ability to learn new applications such as database programs.