Immediate opening with a progressive company committed to addressing Environmental, Health and Safety and Sustainability solutions.
This position is the second level in the Software Development Career Path. Incumbent in this position works as part of a project team to develop and deliver commercial software products for external use. Incumbent has well rounded knowledge and experience in IT and strong knowledge of one or more technologies such as Java, Web Services, Graphical User Interface, spatial technologies or database technologies. Incumbent has knowledge across a spectrum of programming languages and techniques and applies both existing and new technologies in developing solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
• Design, plan, develop, deploy and maintain working software in a fast-paced environment using agile methods and iterative delivery of business value.
• Use and exploit the latest development technologies and suites to produce and deploy software, and mentor others in the same.
• Build application solutions using Java, XML and web services.
• Participate in the design, planning and development of solutions based on business requirements.
• Participate as part of a project team to design, code, unit test and implement moderately complex programs to support the portfolio management process.
• Manage small to mid-level sized programs or portions of a program.
• Establish testing procedures to ensure application is thoroughly tested throughout
development and before release.
• Assist in establishing project budget and timelines; manage assigned component of project
within budget and time constraints.
• Monitor and report to management on project status, identify issues that may impede
attainment of goals, recommend and implement corrective measures.
• Provide technical direction and training to junior Software Development personnel.
• Review and fix problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback.
• Advise and direct management or development teams to identify and minimize risks on a
project by project basis.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
• 6+ years experience in a corporate Java/J2EE software product development environment.
• 5+ years Spring DAO, Security, IOC, AOP and MVC experience.
• 5+ years application development experience.
• Demonstrated experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web based applications within an MVC architecture.
• Experience with Oracle 11g.
• Highly analytic with the ability to view projects at both strategic and tactical levels.
• Integrity of the highest standard.
• Ability to take initiative and accountability for results.
• High-level of adaptability and self-motivation.
• Proven ability to learn new technologies.
• Knowledge of Department of Defense procedures and processes is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to configure and maintain an Oracle database in support of hazardous material management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to consult with staff to determine business requirements, functional requirements and input/output requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to define systems architectures and hardware and software requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to define and document system requirements for logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing and reporting requirements and production configuration using common documentation tools such as Visio, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Project.
• Demonstrated ability to define technical requirements and technical quality assurance requirements.
• Maintains current documentation on all specifications; Ability to develop test plans, test data sets and analysis of system performance.
• Experience with formal, structured, application development processes including the use of project management documentation, source control software for document and application management.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, business partners and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a product delivery team, document work for maintenance in a production environment, create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others.
• Demonstrated ability to defne problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to develop systematic testing plans for problem resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to work to short timelines, to consistently meet routine deadlines and work as required resolving problems in order to meet deadlines, which may be impacted by unforeseen problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a calm and professional manner in stressful situations.
• Must be able to spend at least 75% of work time sitting and using standard desktop computing equipment.
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly enough to participate in highly interactive, fast paced conversations.
• Must be able to work in an open office environment with moderate noise levels and frequent interruptions.
• Must be able to work in a smoke-free workplace.
• Must be able to work during normal business hours and occasional overtime to meet deadlines.
Travel: 20 percent travel may be required
Thank you for considering this opportunity!