Title: Java - Jaspersoft Reports Developer
Immediate opening with a progressive company committed to addressing Environmental, Health and Safety and Sustainability solutions.
The Java/J2EE Reports Developer with JasperSoft experience is the second level in the Software Development Career Path. Incumbent in this position works as part of a project team to develop and deliver commercial software products for external use. Incumbent has well rounded knowledge and experience in IT and strong knowledge of one or more technologies such as Jasper Studio, Eclipse IDE and Web Services. Incumbent has knowledge across a spectrum of programming languages and techniques and applies both existing and new technologies in developing solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
• Analyzing reporting problems to develop quality designs for reports.
• Produce documentation of Reports and the development process as needed to support the system.
• Strong report layout and presentation skills.
• Produce documentation of reports and the development process as needed to support the system.
• Support and maintenance of Jasper Reports Server as needed.
• Deep understanding of report server integration with web application.
• Work with client representatives on defining report requirements.
• Define and develop reporting solutions per study requirements.
• Define and develop standard productized reports.
• Experience handling and producing different file formats: CSV, XML, HTML and PDF among others.
• Experience in working with very high volumes of data.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline.
• 6+ years experience in a corporate Java/J2EE software product development environment.
• 4+ years of experience using Jasper reporting tools.
• 4+ years of professional report development experience.
• Jasper Studio (experience in developing complex report using jasper libraries and eclipse IDE).
• Demonstrated experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of web based applications within an MVC architecture.
• Experience with common Java application development related technologies - Servlets, XML,JSP, HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Java script, TestNG or JUnit
• Preferred experience with Spring DAO, Security, IOC, AOP and MVC.
• Knowledge of common software design patterns.
• Experience with SOAP or Restful web services.
• Experience with Oracle database.
• Preferred to have Weblogic Application server experience.
• Preferred to have UNIX and Linux knowledge.
• Preferred to have experience with Agile/scrum development.
• Core Java (JDBC, I/O, threading, etc.)
• Understanding of J2EE technologies
• Solid SQL knowledge
• JDBC or Other Database Interface Experience
• RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQL Server and/or PostgreSQL)
• Full SDLC experience
• XML and working with XML parsers
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with version control, unit testing, automated builds, and continuous integration
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
• Highly analytic with the ability to view projects at both strategic and tactical levels.
• Integrity of the highest standard.
• Ability to take initiative and accountability for results.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!