Account Manager -Software Development Services
Immediate Opening!! Join our Team in Layton, UT! We develop custom software, web apps, mobile phone apps, and more. We are collaborative, passionate, and love creating cool tech for our customers. With over fifteen years in business and 40 employees, we are looking for an Account Manager to join our team as we continue to grow and evolve.
This role involves learning about our the types of problems we are able to solve with custom software and mobile and web apps and commutating that to new or existing clients in need of custom software or apps built. This will involve a lot of networking, both phone and in-person, communication on social media, building lead partnerships with similar service providers, and consulting with potential clients about solving their problems, building apps, improving their processes, or in creating competitive advantages in their markets with custom software.
We are looking for someone who knows how to “see a need/fill a need” both for our company and our customers, and who already has several years of technical sales background and can communicate competently about our software development and engineering capabilities. We are looking for people who already have experience in selling custom software, or other consultative sales experience in selling technical products. The ideal candidate would have both a sales and technical software background.
- Find new prospects and leads in need of custom software programming and engineering to build applications and software
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads
- Develop sales strategies to draw in potential customers
- Engage in standard activities and meet metrics for prospecting calls, appointments, demonstrations/presentations and signing of contracts
- Set an example of personal character, emotional commitment, organizational skills, selling skills and work habits
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Collaborate with management by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each weekly meeting and ensure goals and targets are met
- Follow up with potential customers who expressed interest but did not pursue services
- Perform regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitate communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs
- Set up lead pipeline with potential referral partners
- At least 3-5 years experience in technical sales, ideally with consultative selling or sales with another firm involved in consulting or custom software development
- Bachelor’s degree a plus in Sales, Marketing, Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge of software development preferred or the ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member; making outbound calls every day
- Have experience with CRM software
- Ability to travel to customer sites, off-site meetings, company related functions, etc
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent communications; both orally and in writing
- A record of meeting goals and revenue targets with personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement.
- Organizational skills and ability to pull resources together and facilitate a group from service, finance, and operations to formulate account strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a high performing team-oriented environment
- Dependable, trustworthy and self-motivated
- Experience being a strategic member of the sales team who contributes significantly to growth and development
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Generous paid time off, sick, holidays
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen