Salt Lake City, UT (many other states also available - upload your resume and specify a location)
We are a global leader in cranes and lifting devices with18,000 employees at 600 locations, and in 50 countries. Our cranes and lifting devices are installed in the Automotive, Mining, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Power, and shipyard industries.
We have an immediate opening for a full time, direct hire Electrical-Mechanical Service Technician with experience in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair. More specifically, in a safety-first environment, troubleshoot crane issues/equipment, such as 480 3-phase motors at varying heights depending on where the crane is located. Since you will be working on overhead cranes and lifts, it is best if you are comfortable working at varying heights.
We offer great benefits and a company car for travel.
The ideal candidate should have some of the following:
- Electrical knowledge is key with some industrial or commercial troubleshooting.
- 480 V hands on wiring experience is a plus.
- Trouble shooting 3-phase motors.
- 1-2 years of experience Electrical troubleshooting. Mechanical a plus.
- Able to travel if needed.
- Ability to work at heights where overhead cranes are installed.
- Ability to pass background and drug test.
- Have a valid driver license with less than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years,
- Complete a physical which will include physical activities and other abilities tests.
- Military Training in electrical or mechanical troubleshooting and repair a plus
- Perform inspections, maintenance and repairs on electric overhead traveling cranes and hoists at varied customer locations, as directed.
- Conduct on-site electrical, mechanical, structural, and electronic troubleshooting to determine cause for equipment malfunction and establish the necessary repairs utilizing visual inspection, test procedures and appropriate test equipment. Perform a general post repair audit prior to completion of work, documenting that all required safety features are functional or documenting deficiencies and attaching a deficiency tag to the crane.
- Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer including a written “Safety Notification” of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer’s intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
- Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation.
- Complete and provide proper electronic documentation utilizing the established company digital tools required for each service, obtaining the customer’s signature and acceptance.
- Generate sales leads during service calls and report to service office, following established guidelines.
- Read, understand, and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically.
- Complete service reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat, and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintain regular communication with the service office and Planner, in accordance with established practices.
- Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle, and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment, and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
- Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory, and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
- Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Required:
- Education: Associate degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience involving electrical troubleshooting and mechanical repair. Some electronic experience is preferred but not necessary. Prior experience with cranes is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver’s license. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer, be available for “on call” as part of the service office rotation and be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. although not daily. Must be able to lift 100 lbs. on a rare basis. This position requires frequent climbing, balancing, stooping/crouching, and overhead reaching. This position requires occasional pushing, pulling, kneeling, and crawling. This position will be inside approximately 90% of the time and outside approximately 10% of the time. This position will be frequently exposed to heat, cold, noise and heights.
Easy to apply. Just upload your resume. Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity.