Mobile App Developer iOS & Android (USA-Remote)
React - Objective C, Swift, Cocoa Touch etc.
We are seeking an iOS and Android application developer to help enhance an open-source mobile eBook and a-book content aggregator developed for public library use. This app integrates with the library's ILS for patron access, and provides access to the content for library patrons to checkout/download via its app Easy apply! Jus upload your resume.
This is a remote, direct hire position..
We are in need of a self-starter who is able to work in close collaboration with internal colleagues and work closely with our ops team and community engineering partners to add new features, improve existing code and troubleshoot issues in the mobile app. Our goals are to build a great eBook reading and audio-book listening experience while simultaneously contributing to a vibrant open-source community to ensure long-term access and sustainability.
- 4+ years of programming experience. Prior library software development experience a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with iOS development (e.g., Swift, Objective-C, et cetera)
- Experience designing concurrent, performance-sensitive applications.
- Strong command of Git or a similar DVCS
- Familiarity with test-driven development and software testing
- Proven ability to interact with other developers and business teams.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical documentation.
- Self-starter that excels in time management, organization, and prioritization
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Code from a previous project that we can see
- At least one mobile application in the App Store
- Experience writing specifications for client-server protocols.
- Working knowledge of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
- Experience with accessibility in mobile apps
- Experience working on a remote team
- Experience contributing to an open-source project
Thank you for your interest. Please upload your resume to apply. It only takes a minute.