Front-End Web Dev (USA- REMOTE)
Immediate Opening! location: Remote. Must live in the USA. We are seeking an experienced web application developer to help enhance the front-end to an open-source eBook administration mobile application.
This position, is a remote, direct hire position with benefits. It is grant-funded for 24 months, with the possibility of an extension.
Help enhance and improve our web-based eBook reader, web catalog and administration interface. Work closely with our ops team and community engineering partners to add new features, improve existing code, and troubleshoot issues.
Be both a self-starter and able to work in close collaboration with internal colleagues and a virtual community. This role will work closely with our ops team and community engineering partners to add new features, improve existing code, and troubleshoot issues in the e-book & a-book app & front-end administration service. Our goals are to build a great eBook reading and audiobook listening experience while simultaneously contributing to a vibrant open-source community to ensure long-term access and sustainability.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Strong experience with front-end development with React
- Strong command of web standards and accessibility
- Familiarity with test-driven development and software testing
- Proven ability to interact with other developers and business teams.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical documentation.
- Self-starter that excels in time management, organization, and prioritization
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Code from a previous project that we can see.
- Experience writing specifications for client-server protocols.
- Experience working on a remote team.
- Experience contributing to an open-source project.
The position is part of a geographically and institutionally distributed team, and, as such, candidates interested in telecommuting are welcome.
Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity. We know your time is of value! We do read every resume. If management feels you are a close fit, we will call you asap.