Hiring now! Immediate opening for an Applications/Design Engineer, (Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, Civil Engineer or similar) with water treatment design or similar experience. We provide Reverse Osmosis, RO, and other water treatment systems for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Although we have off-the-shelf products, most of our work is with custom industrial applications.
Located in Temecula, CA.
Direct hire. Benefits. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
The Applications Engineer will work with other application engineers, field technicians, internal staff, and outside sales personnel to support owners, consulting engineers, and contractors in the development, design, and execution of projects involving water, wastewater, and sewer collection/distribution, pumping, treatment, storage, and disposal. The successful candidate will work with in-house personnel, partners, vendors, clients, regulators, etc. Must be able to work with a team through the entire project, including the steps of quoting, ordering, construction planning, installation support, change orders, start-up services, troubleshooting, monitoring, reporting, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide applications engineering and technical support technical support on product offerings to new and existing customers and in-house staff.
- Recommends solutions for commercial, industrial and specialty systems to new clients or offers alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining our existing clients based on our standard product offering.
- Records Technical Cases and resolves them in an accurate and timely manner. Follows up with customers to ensure technical cases are resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides product returns authorization criteria and approves the issuance of an RGA number.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Performs assigned company projects in a timely manner.
- Stays current with system information, changes, and product updates.
- Learns and understands the features and benefits of our product offerings with the ability to trouble shoot technical cases.
- Attends and conducts trainings, trade shows, exhibitions, and customer start-ups. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Maintains consistent, responsive communication with the Engineering Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS Engineering degree and 2-10 years of experience in SolidWorks/CAD, and ECR’s.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in at least one skill listed in Group 1 and in Group 2:
- Group 1
- Water Processing System Design / Design Support
- Hydraulic Modeling / System analysis,
- Pump selection, drafting pump stations, schematics, electrical diagrams, or water treatment systems design, etc.
- Group 2
- Controls configuration
- Water Treatment System Design Support
- Technical Writing
- Communication with Engineers, Owners, and Contractors
- Cost estimating for project budgeting, etc.
- Equipment quotes for public and private projects
- Project Management and understanding and conforming to relevant regulations
Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity!