We are now hiring! Located in Logan, Utah, we manufacture PCBA's, complex components, and electronic products for OEM's, military, and consumer products. All Buyers with experience in planning and purchasing build to specification products with electroinic parts will be considered.
Supply Chain Buyer II/Planner position is a key role within our strategic plan for Supply Chain management and will be responsible for commodity and supplier management to include sourcing, planning and procuring components which support MRP requirements based on the production schedules and customer requirements. Role requires commodity strategy analysis, RFQ and award process, and supplier negotiations. Responsible for resolving supplier performance issues and accountable for material inventory levels and cost savings targets for the commodities managed. Ensure these activities are completed on time and in accordance with company policies and departmental guidelines. Coordinate preparation of quotes in accordance with customer requests for quotes (RFQ’s) for electronic assembly services. Primarily responsible for preparing the material portion of RFQ’s, which includes analyzing bills of materials, specifications, supplier proposals, and other documentation to complete quote packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage strategic suppliers and commodities to meet quality, delivery and cost savings objectives
• Create and manage purchase orders and request for quotes to include technical documents, pricing, delivery and key milestones to ensure on-time receipt of materials for manufacturing operations
• Maintain the integrity of MRP parameters (lot/order size, lead time, and safety stock)
• Coordinate quality issues with suppliers as required
• Work closely with manufacturing, shipping/receiving, and project management personnel to avoid any adverse production impact from supplier delivery delays
• Set up quote into standard quote templates for all parts to be sent out for quoting, and organizing all information in folder under assigned quote number
• Analyze, compare and interpret detailed and sometimes poorly defined information; make sound and accurate judgments based on previous knowledge
• Execute material quotation process by gathering and analyzing cost data, using Excel to summarize analyses
• Coordinate cross functionally with engineering and Program management
• Identify and work to resolve problems that develop, escalating problems encountered to manager in a timely manner when necessary, with recommendations for solutions
• Review all material and NRE estimates for each bid and serve as the point of contact for the quote
• Recommend more efficient and proficient processes
• Participate in customer discussions as required
• Other duties as assigned
o High school diploma or GED
o 5 – 8 years related work experience
o MRP planning system, Excel
o FAR and DFAR experience preferred but not required
Bachelor’s degree in business field
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical, verbal and organizational skills, ability to balance short term priorities and exceptional information analysis
• Excellent negotiating skills, project management, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to make independent decisions/judgments regarding analysis of requirements, analysis of quotes, negotiation and source selection
• Must be able to read and understand drawings and technical specifications
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills; must be able to navigate the Internet efficiently and effectively
• Professional attitude and demeanor
Please apply. It is easy. Just upload your resume. We read every one and will call you immediately if management feels you have the required experience and skills. Thank you in advance. We value your time.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!