We are a leading designer of embedded systems and custom portable electronics for the medical, military, and industrial markets. Our expertise in design, manufacturing, and product testing allow us to help our customers get to market faster and at lower cost with a custom solution that meets 100% of their requirements. This position is located in Rockville, MD, just outside of Washington, DC. We offer a great work environment, competitive compensation, and benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
We have an immediate opening for an energetic, highly motivated individual with excellent EE skills for a challenging and rewarding position designing custom single board computers for rugged handheld and tablet applications. The successful candidate should have strong working knowledge of analog and digital circuit design, embedded system architecture, PCB CAD tools, FPGA and CPLD logic design, and be eager to learn about new technologies in the world of handheld devices. You will work with a growing engineering team and a culture that revolves around employee development and empowerment. You will work on a wide range of challenging projects alongside our staff of experienced professionals.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Design, verify and document systems and components for rugged handheld electronics, from concept through production for original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) medical, military, and industrial custom product lines..
- Digital logic design and simulation using programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD)
- Capture requirements and develop test and verification plans from customer specifications.
- Schematic capture, timing simulation, placement, and routing.
- Interfacing with multidisciplinary teams (mechanical, software, systems, supply chain, sales) to manage electronic design and manufacturing tradeoffs.
- Testing and validating developed hardware, contributing to and participating in production testing and formal certification.
- BS Degree in EE field or similar. MS EE preferred.
- Related internships and/or a minimum of 1 year in the design of low power rugged, custom electronic devices.
- Experience in “ground up design” for unique, versatile, electronic devices.
- Logic design experience with Lattice, Actel, or Xilinx development tools.
- Experience with PCB CAD tools, Altium Designer and Mentor Expedition preferred.
- Strong and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work on ITAR projects (US person) a plus
- Simulation and timing analysis of high-speed interfaces DDR3, DDR4
- Experience with microprocessor and micro-controller based designs
- Design verification, testing and documentation for medical applications.
Please apply -just upload your resume - it is easy! All resumes will be reviewed. We will call you immediately if you have the basic requirements stated in this job description.