FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - Now Hiring! Northern California Territory: Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno, Santa Rosa, Stockton.
Immediate Opening! Medical device company is seeking an entry to mid-level Field Service Engineer (FSE) with excellent situational awareness that is highly motivated to join a dynamic Healthcare Company on a strong growth trajectory.
This role is in the ever-expanding healthcare space installing high-end audio / visual equipment (Large Video Integration and Pro Audio Communications), imaging equipment (i.e. X-Ray, Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring, etc.) and IT (Video Streaming & Recording) Solutions, and troubleshooting issues on our medical equipment -- as well as 3rd party equipment -- and Preventive Maintenance on all of the above systems.
Above all -- the primary goal is to provide an outstanding customer experience. The FSE will learn to work independently -- as well as in a team environment while under direct supervision. All our FSE’s are expected to provide a positive and cohesive company image when discussing the company, Products, and Solutions with the customer.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Responsible for identification, resolution and/or escalation of customer issues, providing the customer with timely communication, and involving appropriate resources to address the issue(s).
Providing the Highest Level of Internal and External Customer Satisfaction is the primary goal. The FSE must be able to:
- Provide World Class Service and achieve “Highly Satisfied” Initial and Continuing Quality Scores
- Take ownership in difficult situations -- and show a sense of urgency in implementing solutions quickly
- Work effectively with 3rd party healthcare company partners since they will be our “Internal Customer”
The FSE will be required to perform numerous tasks -- and focus may change based on changing demands. The FSE must be able to:
- Take initiative -- proactively contact customers, aid peers, and quickly respond to requests
- Adapt to varying needs of the customer and the business and seek out subject matter experts to grow
- Volunteer for additional assignments to gain experience without always being asked to do so (aka situationally aware)
The FSE will be required to perform all administrative duties in a complete manner.
- The FSE must be able to: Complete and understand all training assigned through the Training Management System prior to the due date(s)
- Maintain proper site and service documentation -- and safeguard patient data per regulatory requirements
- Follow established quality and safety requirements (electrical & radiation safety, safe lifting practices, etc.)
The FSE will be required to be technically proficient in certain areas either initially or via training. The FSE must be able to:
- Maintain knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends in the healthcare and biomedical space
- Have basic working electrical knowledge of volt meters, A/C polarity testing, mechanical and electrical theory
- Read and interpret schematics, CAD drawings, and/or various other site drawings
Job Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree in electronics, biomedical engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least (2) years of experience in the electronics industry (preferably in field service) and/or healthcare service
- Experience with diagnostic healthcare imaging equipment (i.e. X-Ray, Ultrasound, Patient Monitoring) is a plus
- Working knowledge of computers (Word and Excel) and networking
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Demonstrated mechanical diagnostic troubleshooting and repair skills
- Professional appearance and behavior and ability to communicate well with hospital staff
Physical Demands and General Work Environment:
- May be required to be available 24 x 7 and required to rotate in an on-call status
- Travel to the customer site, office or identified locations for meetings, and/or training as required
- Average daily driving is estimated to be 1 to 4 hours
- Ability to carry or pull up to 40 lbs. of test equipment
- Ability to lift or carry parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (Assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs.)
- Frequent bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and working in unusual positions using full body mobility
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing required by the Hospital to gain admission
- Customer requirements may include but are not limited to drug testing and/or immunizations to gain admission
- This FSE position will be based in the Northern California area (Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno, Santa Rosa, Stockton).
- Pay & Benefits: Salary & Bonus Structure DOE
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and PTO
Apply now. It is easy! We read every resume and if you fit the requirements, we will call you asap.
Note: All new hires will be expected to consent to background checks and drug testing.