Job Location: Millersville, MD.
If this location is not a fit for you, please indicate your preferred locations and submit your resume. We will watch for similar opportunities for you in your preferred location.
Relocation assistance is available.
L3 Harris, a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. We design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products
. Under the general direction of the Electronics Group Lead, support digital and analog electronics design and failure analysis. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement, and navigation. Major activities include electronics design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and associated design and synthesis tools.
This position is direct hire with health benefits, matching 401k, PTO and Vacation, etc.
- Perform FPGA Design: Architecture, Algorithms, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.
- Design Low/Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Perform CCA Design specifying Mixed Signal Technology circuits consisting of A/D, D/A, Processors, I/O communication, and Programmable Logic (FPGA, CPLD) circuits.
- Provide system test and evaluation support including input to test plans and procedures.
- Investigate root cause of component failures. Generate related documentation including technical status, forecast technical needs, and make recommendations for appropriate improvements.
- Review and mitigate component obsolescence.
- Implement the procedures necessary to evaluate the design activities and to ensure conformance with customer requirements, L3 Harris standards, and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- BSEE, Computer Engineering or other related technical field of study. In special circumstances knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of High Complexity Digital Design Techniques and Devices.
- Hardware debugging skills & experienced in operation of Signal Generator, Logic Analyzer, Digital Oscilloscope and Embedded FPGA Debugging tools.
- Active Secret Clearance, or U.S. citizen or permanent resident with the ability to obtain US clearance.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Circuit Card: Cadence for Schematic Entry and to support PWB Layout/Route
- FPGA: Xilinx ISE, Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Able to socialize ideas, make recommendations, and gain team consensus.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills.