Immediate Opening for a Sustaining Engineer with basic automation experience in medical device manufacturing. We are expanding as well as automating portions of our existing production lines. In this role you will be part of our team responsible for supporting the production lines with daily activities, process improvements, cost savings projects, customer/vendor changes, and automating our hand assembly processes. This is an 8am-5pm direct hire position with healthcare benefits, dental, vacation time, 401k, etc. Local candidates only, please.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve manufacturing efficiency, production yields, product quality, and consistency through equipment and product design, modifications, and fabrication.
- Modify and improve existing equipment.
- Complete projects, report status, and document lessons learned in an efficient manner.
- Finalize manufacturing methods for medical devices.
- Responsible for process validation.
- Provide assistance for equipment design or producing medical devices and components.
- Support production and manufacturing.
- Analyze and document test results for development and pilot production runs.
- Engineering support which includes vendor contact and auditing specification.
- Develops and tests components and assemblies of manufacturer's products.
- Responsible for tooling maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsible for manufacturing methods and their transfer into production.
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as requested.
- Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Develops/improved processes, sampling activities, as well as tooling and manufacturing concepts that will meet customer expectations on cost, quality and delivery.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor in ensuring production of quality products. Work with other support departments to maintain on-time delivery of goals.
- Lead process improvement and waste elimination efforts through application of lean principles and actively participate in continuous improvement events.
- Work with Quality Control team to generate, update and implement all project related requests, process guides, and troubleshooting guides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLY THE EASY WAY!
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar related field
- 2+ years of engineering experience in automation, equipment support/maintenance in manufacturing preferred
- MiniTab (or other statistical analysis software). Solidworks or CAD modeling software.
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes and procurement protocols
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
To apply, simply upload your resume. No cumbersome process-we promise! We appreciate the time you have invested to consider this opportunity. We read every resume and if management feels you are a fit, we will contact you immediately. We will also consider you for other opportunities that might be of interest to you. Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you.