One opening left! Now hiring a Sustaining Engineer to help maintain our production and facility equipment, and to help automate sections of our medical device assembly process. We are a med-tech custom manufacturing company with four locations across the globe and over 2,000 SKU's, We have two locations in Salt Lake City, both near I-215 and California Avenue. We are expanding as well as automating portions of our existing production lines. In addition to automation projects, the Sustaining Engineer will help with maintenance/equipment/facility projects. Following is more detail regarding the job requirements and desired skills that will help a Engineer be successful on our team.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MiniTab (or other statistical analysis software). Solidworks or CAD modeling software.
- Experience with automating simple hand assembly processes.
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes, and procurement protocols
- Experience with manufacturing equipment or facility maintenance projects.
- Experience Improve manufacturing efficiency, production yields, product quality and consistency through equipment and product design modifications and fabrication.
- Modify and improve existing equipment.
- Complete projects, report status, and document lessons learns in and efficient manner.
- Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item lists, assigning responsibility, completion dates and achieving milestones.
- Finalizes manufacturing methods for medical devices.
- Responsible for process validation.
- Provide assistance for equipment design for producing medical devices and components.
- Supports production and manufacturing.
- Analyzes and documents test results for development and pilot production runs.
- Engineering support which includes; vendor contact and auditing specification.
- Develops and tests components and assemblies of manufacturer’s products.
- Responsible for tooling maintenance and upgrades.
- Responsible for manufacturing methods and their transfer into production.
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- Must be motivated and creative, work well under pressure and operate effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must meet internal deadlines and customer due dates
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate needs and demands in an effective manner.
- Must be detail oriented, focused and able to produce accurate and professional documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as requested.
- Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Develops/improved processes, sampling activities and as well as tooling and manufacturing concepts that will meet customer expectations on cost, quality and delivery.
- Provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing floor in ensuring production of quality products. Work with other support departments to maintain on-time delivery goals.
- Lead process improvement and waste elimination efforts through application of lean principles and actively participate in continuous improvement events.
- Works with Quality Control team to generate, update and implement all project related documentation including control plans, work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample request, process guides and troubleshooting guides.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
APPLY THE EASY WAY!
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar related field
- 2+ years of engineering experience in automation, equipment support/maintenance in manufacturing preferred
- MiniTab (or other statistical analysis software). Solidworks or CAD modeling software.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in new product development, introduction processes and procurement protocols
To apply, simply upload your resume. No cumbersome process-we promise! We appreciate the time you have invested to consider this opportunity. We read every resume and if management feels you are a fit, we will contact you immediately. We will also consider you for other opportunities that might be of interest to you. Thank you in advance. We look forward to hearing from you.