Flexan is a global Medical Device Manufacturing company with Headquarters in Chicago and production facilities in China, Illinois, and Utah. We have an immediate opening for a Production Planning and Inventory Control Specialist in our Salt Lake City facility. The successful candidate will be accountable for partnering with Operations and Sales to develop and manage the forecast for long range planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
After considering this opportunity, please submit your resume if you feel this may be a good fit for your experience and skills. You will be called immediately if you meet the requirements of this job description. Local candidates are preferred due to no allowance for relocation. Salary will be based on experience. Standard benefits, 4% matching 401K, 96hrs PTO.
We want to thank you in advance for submitting your resume and for considering this opportunity. Your time is of value to us and we read every resume! - not a Bot!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to manage, plan, and execute production schedules to achieve 100% on time deliver
· Responsible for establishing forecast processes, maintaining short and medium term production and inventory plans
· Manage and execute end to end planning, warehousing and replenishment activities required to achieve production objectives of the manufacturing facility by coordinating and scheduling the flow of materials and parts
· Acts as manufacturing liaison to Sales/ Marketing as to updates and commitments on work orders completed status, as well as product shipments
· Responsible for developing Production (Build) plan based on demand requirements from actual Sales Orders. Translates the build plan into firm work orders to drive MRP
· Responsible for coordinating and executing the Production Plan with Manufacturing and Shipping Teams for timely and accurate completion. Provides daily Production Schedule for implementation
· Works closely with Purchasing to ensure raw materials support of the Production plan and provides timely feedback to Sales/Marketing for any deviation from original expectation
· Provides procedural support to production floor Supervisors on any manufacturing related transactions
· Schedules and supports initial build and ramp-up of new product releases
· Responsible for cycle counts of warehouse items
· Assist in the coordination of the annual physical inventory count
· Perform customer owned inventory cycle counts
· Distribute production schedules and or/work orders to departments
· Record production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
· Responsible to compile and distribute daily reports and other requested information in a timely manner
· Excellent organizational, verba,l and written communication skills
· Anticipate needs and delivery timely, relevant solutions and actions
· Able to develop rapport and relationships with all levels of employees
· Capable of handling sensitive, critical information, self-directed and independent
· Ability to quickly adapt to current conditions and to multi-task efficiently and effectively
· Must perform all work in accordance with all safety procedures
· Identify/analyze cycle count errors and provide "root cause" analysis
· Will perform duties in both office and manufacturing plant environment
· Other duties and responsibilities as required
· Communicates effectively with external partners and employees and management of Company
· Communicate effectively with company’ s employees and Management.
REQUIRED SKILLS / ATTITUDES:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field, or an equivalent of formal education and materials management/manufacturing experience
- Three or more years of professional experience with production planning and/or materials logistics.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment to perform basic job tasks (e.g., resolve discrepancies and develop resourceful solutions)
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to research and resolve issues with appropriate supporting data analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate credibly with all levels of the organization (face-to-face, verbal, written)
- Excellent work ethic, commitment to getting the job done get the job done
- Positive attitude and energy
- Team player; treats others with respect
- Proficient in Excel; ERP (Visual, IQMS) experience a plus
Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience desired