One opening left! 2pm to 10 pm M-F. Please apply now!
The Injection Mold Technician is responsible for the operation of the injection molding machines and all auxiliary equipment while maintaining safety. This will include tool change-over, start-up, processing, troubleshooting, and shut-downs. The Injection Molding Technician/Operator will be expected to maintain control of validated settings and ensuring proper quality documentation. The position will have a critical role in optimizing mold production rates, continuous improvement activities and training. Filled 1st shift 6am -2pm M-F. We have one opening left - 2nd shift 2pm-10pm M-F. Management is fast at hiring! Apply now. Great work environment. Low turnover.
Located at 4752 W. California Ave Salt Lake City, UT Flexan is a trusted global manufacturer of custom finished medical devices providing silicone, rubber and thermoplastic components for a broad array of medical applications.
- Work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production, minimal unplanned stops and meeting production rates
- Trouble-shoot injection mold defects and making adjustment to process while maintaining the validating window
- Ensure resin is prepared for next work order and monitor throughout shift and assist in loading materials
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
- Record and maintain proper documentation error free while following procedures for trace-ability, line clearance, process control, safety, and housekeeping
- Prevent damage or loss to tooling, fixtures, and machinery
- Follow all procedures for clean-room operation, clean-room attire, and contamination control
- Work as a team player, helping the team meet company goals related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Train machine operators to loaded and unload parts properly to minimize tool damage while making quality parts at rate
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five years of experience operating injection mold presses, including setting, pulling and processing
- Able to fill out required documents and labels in English
- Able to read and understand process documents and work instructions in English
- Strong attention to detail and able to multitask
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to lift, pull or push up to 25 lbs.
- RJG Master Molder 1 Certified.
Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity. We read every resume and will will call you as soon as possible if management feels your skills match our job requirements. We hope to interview and fill this position very quickly.