Flexan Production Supervisor - Salt Lake City, UT (West Valley area)
Our Production Supervisor is responsible for the management of team members and maintaining production on the plant floor to meet the production schedule. The Production Supervisor will oversee daily activities of the manufacturing process and associates to ensure that product is being produced in accordance to all safety and quality requirements at the standard cost. We have an engaged culture. We embrace the rigor to be safety and quality driven in all we do. We embrace the choice to work here. We operate with transparency, ethics and integrity. We consistently meet our expectations
Duties and Responsibilities·
- Provides leadership for the department through daily communication and interaction with all associates in the department -including showing assemblers and other associates specific process steps when verbal communication isn’t effective.
- Maintains workflow of the department by monitoring the steps of the production process, observing control points and equipment and monitoring resources
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment·
- Monitors production rates and quality levels of assigned area throughout the department.
- Proactively develops and implements action plans to improve quality, productivity, throughput and waste/scrap issues. ·
- Works cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Production Control/Warehousing to act on identified action plans.
- Maintains waste, scrap and rework at or below annual budget levels for the department.
- Ensures budgeted machine efficiency/utilization are maintained daily, weekly and monthly.
- Responsible for safety and housekeeping in the departments.
- Mentors and develops direct reports to assume increasing levels of responsibility and prepares them for promotional opportunities.
- Responsible for coaching and effectively resolving employee issues and concerns in an efficient manner· Performs all other duties as assigned and necessary
- Monitors team production and resolves production concerns and issues in an efficient manner
Education and Qualifications
- Participates in and/or leads updates at daily production meetings
- Responsible for day to day management of team members, including effective onboarding, performance management, and coaching.
- Monitors team and individual performance including time and attendance
- Cooperates with and demonstrates professional conduct with coworkers and managers.
May assist with hiring and interviewing of new team members
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three years of experience in medical device manufacturing of high precision extruded and injection molded parts or similar environment.
- Three years Lead or Supervising experience
- Ability to spot production errors and take corrective action
- CGMP under FDA/ISO
- Clean room experience.
- Logical, concise, effective, unintimidating communication skills. Ability to communicate by showing and demonstrating manufacturing steps to meet SOP’s combined with verbal explanations to ensure your guidance is understood with English-as-a-second language citizens. Must maintain a high level of respect for all employees.
- ERP System experience
- Organizational Skills
- Safety and Quality oriented
- Process improvement focused
- Excellent communication skills
The employee is required to work in a clean room environment and is expected to follow the guidelines and rules for working in the cleanroom including following the gowning protocols, covering hair in a hairnet and wearing personal protective equipment as appropriate.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is [frequently/occasionally] exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Able to work occasional weekends and overtime, as necessary.