We are seeking an Extrusion Operator, that enjoys working in a team environment, for our medical device manufacturing facility in the Salt Lake City/Glendale area. This is a direct hire position in a clean room environment. All hires are contingent on passing a drug analysis test.
The extrusion operator is responsible for setting
up and operating an extrusion machine in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and customer requirements. This is typically an 8 hour shift in a clean room environment 6am - 2pm or 2pm - 10 pm, M-F. Our team is efficient, therefore, we rarely need to work on a weekend. In this role, the extrusion operator will read and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position, secure and operate the extrusion and auxiliary machinery. The extrusion operator will adjust and clean the machines per SOP's and company guidelines. The operator will document work performed as required.
This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent, possess a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job, work under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITY (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
Responsible for daily production thru put on his/her respective line· Know measurement, test inspection, and extrusion equipment· Must be a self-starter· Must know how to set up and break down machine· Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know how to read and interpret drawings, customer specific requirements
- Strong organization skills, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Basic math conversations knowledge
- Must work well with others· Demonstrates all the Flexan corporate values:
- We have an engaging culture. We embrace the rigor to be safety and quality driven in all that we do. We embrace our choice to work here.
- We operate with transparency, ethics, and integrity.
- We consistently meet our expectations.
- We encourage innovation
- Job Type: Full-time, direct hire
- Experience: relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Extrusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Work Location: 1518 Gladiola St, Salt Lake City, UT 84104 or 4752 W California Ave (2 miles apart/5 minute drive)
- Benefits: Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
- This Company Describes Its Culture as: Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused; People - oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused; Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture