Hello! We are in need of 2 buyers with experience in the procurement of a wide range of aerospace wire harness assemblies, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, tooling, and fasteners for aircraft manufacturing. If you have procurement experience with aerospace hydraulic or electrical systems, please apply, asap!! We would love to hear from you.
Location: Clearfield, UT. Great benefits. Relocation available.
MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN
AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
As a buyer for our Aerospace Structures Division, you will coordinate the material and service requirements necessary to support our growing business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a buyer in purchasing tooling and factory requirements in a commodity purchasing environment
- Manage purchase orders ranging from $500 to $2 million or more in high volume. The delivery for these requirements may be on an expedited basis
- Manage multiple tasks at once, in a high pressure environment
- Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for a medium to complex sourcing
- Draft and negotiate strategic agreements
- Managing performance metrics
- Interface with Suppliers to:
- Write contract language for sourcing initiatives, including the creation of procurement terms and conditions and special provisions
- Establish, maintain, and monitor supplier agreements
- Evaluate, Integrate and Terminate suppliers
- Negotiate to ensure terms and conditions address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, Intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, and all other potential risk areas
- Ensure that terms and conditions have been properly flowed down from customer contracts to supplier contracts
- Establish and maintain formal agreements (Purchase Orders and subcontracts) with suppliers
- Incorporate customer or internal changes into the subcontract or PO
- Drive continuous improvement
- Track quality issues and work with supplier on the issues
- Manage day-to-day involvement with Kanban systems
- Use tracking and monitoring systems i.e., Epic, Impresa, and Excel.
- Provide daily status for on time delivery, product delivery forecasts, risks and mitigation plans, and supplier performance.
- Active Secret Clearance is preferred
- Experience in management of vendor base and procurement of complete systems and/or hardware for wire harness assemblies, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience; or Masters degree and 7 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of MRP logic
- Major subcontract negotiations
- Extensive RFQ/RFP and procurement execution experience
- Experience using scheduling tools including: MS Project, Pull Systems, FIFO and Min/ Max/ Reorder Point, Visual scheduling tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent follow-up
- Experience with Microsoft skills required; Excel, Power Point and MS Project
- Presentation skills, with the ability to comfortably present risks and achievements to a management team
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and establish positive supplier and internal customer relationships
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high visibility, sometimes high stress environment
- Must be able to work overtime and on call for emergencies
- Working knowledge of supply chain and inventory systems
- Very strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
Competencies for Success:
- Previous aerospace procurement experience
- Exposure to APICS
- Education in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Experience in composite materials and composite manufacturing
- Experience leading project teams
- Impresa and/or Epic software experience
- Certifications: Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) and/or Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, thought schooling and training.
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills.
Requisition may be filled at a lower level
Bachelor’s degree and 9 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience; or Master’s degree and 7 year experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience. Midpoint $100K.
Thank you in advance for applying.