We are currently looking for a Chief Engineer to oversee the production of large, composite launch vehicle structures. This role requires the ability to obtain a Secret DOD clearance.
This position requires technical leadership for the manufacturing of advanced composite launch vehicle structures. We build large launch vehicle structures for space programs.. You will work closely with program office, manufacturing engineering, quality engineering and manufacturing personnel to solve production issues in hand layup, automated fiber placement, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, and final inspection processes. In addition, you will Act as a technical liaison with the customer for design and specification changes. Support and lead proposals for large composite structures. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
This position requires a BS in Engineering & 15 years or Masters in Engineering & 10 years or PhD in Engineering & 7 years, And the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. Preference given to candidates with experience in launch vehicle or aerospace composite structures manufacturing environment.
• Experience in working with complex aerospace specifications and requirements
• Proficient in leading technical interchange/communications with external customers, both in the design and manufacturing environments
• High competence in presenting technical analysis and manufacturing capability in customer design reviews
• Ability to lead discussion and ensue collaboration in a complex cross-functional team: designers, quality and production teams
• Experience using NX or Catia V5, as a design tool and as method of a communicating complex component and assembly designs and processes
• Experience working with Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/A)
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processing capability (eliminating sources of variation, statistical analysis, SPC, etc.)
• Strong problem solving skills; Functional knowledge in root cause / corrective action processes and techniques (8D, Kepner Tregoe, etc.)
• Functional knowledge in Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (D/PFMEA)
• Composites knowledge. Hand layup, bonding, cure, machining, and NDI experience required.
• Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
• Excellent organizational skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership and mentoring skills
• Excellent computer skills. Skilled in Microsoft Office applications and data base systems
• Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP, Visual Mfg., Cost Point, etc.)
Competencies for Success:
• Leadership skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong attention to detail
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Manage technical aspects of multi-disciplined program
• Project planning and organization
• Budget accountability
• Schedule adherence accountability
• Proposal preparation accountability
Thank you for considering this opportunity!