We are seeking a skilled electrical engineer to perform detailed designs of space-flight electronics systems and subsystems. Responsibilities will include using state-of-the-art Mentor Graphics/Altium CAD tools to design and model space-borne electronics hardware systems at the component, board, and system levels. The nature of the work is rewarding, and employees feel a sense of accomplishment from working on projects from concept through design, implementation, test, and delivery.
The successful candidate will be able to jump into new projects, determine/document requirements, and work individually and on small and large teams to turn ideas into working hardware. We build in-house what we design. Therefore, this job will require working closely with the layout team, board assembly technicians, and engineering teams from other engineering disciplines. This job emphasizes the design and delivery of real hardware that will most often require high-reliability and operate in harsh environments.
• A BS in Electrical Engineering
• Four years of applicable experience in the field of high reliability electronics design, in any (or all) of the following fields: digital, analog, power systems, or RF
• Demonstrated proficiency in VHDL or similar firmware development languages
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment
• Attention to ISO Quality Assurance standards and other relevant documentation standards
• Experience with digital processing and control algorithms that can be applied to active feedback control of voltage and current sources
• FPGA digital design and implementation
• Must have or be able to obtain a DoD security clearance
• Must be a US citizen
• Must be able to travel on a regular basis and work off-site for extended periods of time
• An MS in Electrical Engineering
• Eight years of applicable experience in the field of high reliability electronics design, in any (or all) of the following fields: digital, analog, power systems, or RF
• Low-noise power conditioning and power management, digital/analog filters, and control loops (DC-GHz)
• High speed analog and digital processing techniques
• Space-qualified high-voltage management for space science research instrumentation, working with voltages less than 3kV
We offer great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, and company contribution of 14.2% of annual gross earnings for retirement and discounted tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
Location: Logan, UT, a small college town in the northern mountains of Utah.
Thank you in advance for your submittal.
Thank you for considering this opportunity!