We are a leading gold-focused mining company in Nevada, dedicated to producing from and developing high-quality precious metals projects in the region. Our proactive approach to asset acquisitions, coupled with significant sector knowledge, the ability to leverage extensive industry relationships and financial strength, has positioned the Company for sustainable long-term growth. Our cross-functional, fully-integrated, in-house team of professionals have significant expertise in geology, mine & metallurgical engineering, operations and project development. Join our high caliber employees
We have 9 late-stage development mining projects in progress at various mines in Nevada. We need a motivated, dedicated projects controls specialist to help us remove risk from our projects and to ensure the contractors meet their agreed to requirements.
- Assist Project Managers in defining and tracking project-specific controls procedures
- Assist in the development and tracking of Project budgets and ensures spending remains within acceptable variances
- Assist in preparing financial, expenditures and payment authorization forms, and administrative documents for authorization by the Project Manager, such as purchase requisitions and orders, invoices, etc.
- Review project metrics regularly and advise Project Manager of discrepancies or issues, investigating variances in data as needed, especially concerning invoicing, accounts receivable, subcontractor invoices, approvals and payments, and other accounts payables, and escalating issues to Project Manager
- Accountable for the project forecast (cost & quantities) and monthly internal control compliance
- Review and track invoices, for consistency with contract requirements and rates, as well as tracking unbilled work and any issues
- Produce and/or assist in the compilation of all required internal and external Project reporting
- Obtain documentation to support subcontracts, material contracts and progress estimates
- Develop or maintain an accurate and up-to-date records management system
- Prepare Project meeting agendas, records and distributes meeting minutes, and maintains organized files of same
- Effectively build relationships with Management, Project Managers, Project/job teams and external contractors and stakeholders
- Assist Project Managers and Project administrators with Project setup, preparing contracts, change requests and contract modifications, and job closures, as may be needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited college or relevant experience (5+ years)
- 1-2 years of experience in one of the following: Mining Industry, Natural Gas, Geo Thermal, Oil and Gas, Solar, Power/Substation, etc.
- Experience scheduling and controlling the costs in drilling exploration and development type projects or similar capital projects.
- Experience controlling project costs with AFE, Work Break Down, earned value, contracts & contract terms, drilling projects or construction projects contract terms, budget tracking, accounting principles, and billing procedures’
- Excellent analytical, organizational, math, finance and accounting skills
- Strong relationship-building, business acumen, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Positive attitude, accountable, willingness to learn, and team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety of yourself and others
- Willing to travel to sites 3-5 hours from Reno to verify work completed or cost variances, as needed. Typically, 10% of your time.
- Must be legal to work in the U.S. and able to show documentation
- Possess a valid Driver’s license and be able to operate a light vehicle
- Physical Demands:
To be eligible for this position, an individual must be able to:
- Perform basic operational functions of climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion
- Wear and demonstrate to employees the use of personal protective equipment including hardhat, steel toed footwear, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves (rubber, leather & cloth), and/or any other equipment required to do the job assigned safely
- Operate a telephone and mine phone/radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation for the purpose of communicating information, to management
- Hear sufficiently to distinguish various pitches of warning alarms
- Drive to remote sites when required – 10%.